A completed application is required to schedule a viewing of any property.
The application fee is not required to schedule a viewing, but can be paid at any time in order to begin application processing.
- Anyone living at the residence who is 18 years old or older is required to complete an application
- There is a NON-REFUNDABLE $40.00 processing fee per applicant, the application will not be processed until the fee is paid.
- A valid social security # is required for each applicant.
- Property Management of Virginia reserves the right to select the most qualified application in situations where multiple applications have been submitted.
- Submission of an application or application fee does not reserve or secure the property of interest for an applicant. Nor does it indicate a property has no other pending applications or interest from other parties.
- At least 4 most recent paystubs (must be within the last 30 Days and show YTD gross earnings)
- Income verification of Social Security or Social Security disability award letter
- If self-employed, copies of 2 years of tax returns
- Different properties have different application standards. At minimum applicants must provide evidence of secure income equivalent to double the monthly rent (i.e. if the monthly rent is $500, the applicant must provide evidence of income equal to or exceeding $1000 per month). Most properties offered at $1000/month or higher will require a secure income of at least three times the monthly rent.
- Non-familial applicants may be judged individually rather than cumulatively.
- If you have questions about the income requirements for your property of interest please inquire.
THE FOLLOWING ARE COMMON REASONS TO BE DECLINED, please consider before submitting, if any apply to you.
- Credit score under 600 for apartment applicants
- Credit score under 650 for single-family home applicants
- Currently in bankruptcy or within the last 2 years Insufficient income, high debt-to-income ratio, or unverifiable incomes
- Current or previous evictions
- Negative rental reference
- Criminal history
PET POLICY- Pets may be allowed on some of our properties. Please ask at the time of application.
- On those properties allowing a pet,
- An additional pet deposit of $250 will be charged.
- Monthly pet rent of $25 will be charged.
- No more than 2 pets and a weight limit of 35lbs.
- Breed restrictions include Rottweiler, Pit bull terrier, Doberman, German Shepherd, and Akita, among others.
Application For Lease
- The applicants and occupants presented on this application will constitute the leasees and occupants on the lease agreement. No additional parties will be added to the application or lease agreement after the submission of the application or signing of the lease. The omission of intended residents on the application will constitute a fraudulent application and will result in disqualification of the application or nullification of the lease if a lease has been signed.
- Deposits accepted from approved applicants to secure a property become the security deposit and are only refundable under the terms of an executed lease agreement.
- To view or download the full application CLICK HERE.